The City of Moulton Street Department provides services related to the drainage, repair, maintenance and construction of city streets and sidewalks. This department is also responsible for:
- All drainage projects and concrete jobs
- Construction & paving
- Sidewalk, curb & gutter repairs
- Installation and maintenance of all traffic signs
- Collection of yard debris
- Mowing of City rights-of-way
- Mosquito spraying
- Street Sweeping
Collection of Yard Debris
- The City will pick up leaves, grass clippings, shrubbery clippings, tree limbs, etc at no charge. Call in not required.
- Leaves must be placed in bags for collection except in the months of November – February when they can be placed in loose piles on the curb (not the street).
- Grass & other small clippings must always be bagged for collection.
- Tree limbs shall be cut into sections not exceeding 10 feet in length with protruding branches closely trimmed. Limbs shall be placed in neat piles. Limbs shall not be placed in any garbage container.
The City of Moulton Sanitation Department provides residential and commercial garbage collection within the city limits.
Regular Household Garbage
- Place only food, paper products, & items usually placed in kitchen & bathroom garbage cans in the garbage container. All garbage must be bagged.
- All garbage must be in a City of Moulton garbage container and the lid secured to be picked up. Garbage not contained in the City of Moulton garbage container, or sat beside the garbage container will not be picked up.
- No garbage container shall be filled beyond its capacity so that its lid cannot be fully closed prior to collection.
- Place the garbage container on the curbside in the designated location by 6:00a.m. the day of collection.
- You may place the garbage container out for pick up no more than one day before pick-up. The garbage container must be removed from the curbside the same day of collection.
- Drivers are not responsible for the cleanup of spillage as a result of over filled garbage containers or garbage not being bagged.
- Garbage collection will be at a fee of $15.00 per billing cycle for residential & $22.50 per billing cycle for commercial. This will be added to your Moulton Utilities bill & includes one garbage container.
- A second garbage container may be obtained at an additional cost. Second garbage containers must be utilized for a minimum of 12 months & is contracted through the City.
- All garbage containers are the property of the City. It is unlawful to dispose of or remove any such container from the premises where delivered without the City’s consent.
- Containers damaged beyond reasonable use through the fault or negligence of the customer shall be replaced by the customer by payment to the City at an amount equal to the City’s cost. Containers still remain property of the City.
- The city will pick up household items including pasteboard boxes, large household appliances, furniture, & construction materials not produced by a contractor.
- This pick up will occur weekly, on Thursdays, by call-in only. In order for your trash to be collected, you must call the City to notify you need the pick-up service. You must call the City by close of business on Monday for your pick-up to occur the following Thursday. Do not place items out for collection more than 2 days prior to pick-up date.
- This service will be performed at a fee of $10.00 per load, as defined in ordinance. This fee will be added to the Moulton Utilities bill.
- The City shall not provide collection services for or removal of: motor vehicle or components, shingles, machinery, tires, batteries, paint, fuel, oil or other lubricants or coolants, hazardous waste, dead animals, animal excrement, bodily fluids, animal parts or byproducts, any material removed from one residence to another for collection, or waste generated for purposes other than residential purposes.
Public Works Superintendent - Vacant
City of Moulton Public Works
720 Seminary Street
Moulton, AL 35650
Phone: (256) 974-5191
>>2nd container application
>>Garbage Information Sheet